By using our online services, you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
1. We are an independent company, which has a direct access link into the HM Land Registry’s records, and provide a Land Registry search service for conveyancing purposes. We are not affiliated or connected in any way with the UK Government or HM Land Registry. The documents that we provide are official copies as held at the Land Registry. We are not responsible for any errors contained within the documentation or information contained within it. Some of the documents that we provide can be obtained directly from HM Land Registry for a lesser fee. The documentation is provided “as is”. Neither we nor any third party shall be liable to you or any third party for any loss or damage, direct, indirect or consequential, arising from (i) any inaccuracy or incompleteness in, or delays, interruptions, errors or omissions in the delivery of the data or any other information supplied to you through our services or (ii) any decision made or action taken by you or any third party in reliance upon the data. Neither we nor any third party shall be liable for loss of business revenues, lost profits or any punitive, indirect, consequential, special or similar damages whatsoever, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, even if advised of the possibility of such damages incurred by you or any third party. Any queries relating to the use of this information should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. The documentation and information is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and all ownership rights remain with the information service provider or the third party or LandRegistry-TitleDeeds.co.uk, as the case may be. You may not copy, distribute, modify, reproduce, post, transmit or frame in this site including text, graphics, video, audio, software code, user interface design or logos without the prior written consent of LandRegistry-TitleDeeds.co.uk.
3. Transmission may be subject to arbitrary delays beyond our control, which may delay the provision of our services and the execution of your orders. You acknowledge that neither any information service provider, third party nor we will be liable to you or any third party for any losses arising from such delay.
4. Upon receipt of your order, a Document Search Specialist will check the details and contact you if we are unable to identify the property or land. When the property has been properly identified, we will undertake a search of the Land Registry records in order to establish whether the property is registered (i.e. has a Title Number assigned to it). If the property is registered (noting that the vast majority of properties are registered), we will obtain copies of the Title Register and/or Title Plan (as held at the Land Registry) and issue the document(s) to you by email (or by post when necessary – see below) and in PDF format. The vast majority of orders that we receive are processed within 1 working hour (please note that our working hours are (9am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday); during exceptionally busy periods the processing of orders may take longer. You are agreeing to pay LandRegistry-TitleDeeds.co.uk to carry out a search to establish whether the property is registered. Note that an Index Map search may have to be submitted by ordinary post and may delay the search by several days. We do not charge extra for conducting an Index Map search.
5. In the event that the Title Register and/or Plan are not available electronically (for instance when a property covers a large area of land such as a farm estate), then it may not be possible to deliver the Title Plan to you electronically. The Plan will, therefore, be posted to you. This may cause a delay of several days (typically 3 working days) before you receive the document(s).
6. The Title Register should be read in conjunction with the Title Plan.
7. You agree to pay the fee for the service provided to you. All services must be paid for in advance and by credit/debit card. When you pay for the service it will be via Barclays Bank Plc payment card processing service.
8. LandRegistry-TitleDeeds.co.uk does not provide legal advice through this website.
9. You bear all risk from any use or results of using any information provided to you by LandRegistry-TitleDeeds.co.uk. You are responsible for validating the integrity of any information received over the Internet. We are not responsible for any damage to your computer, software, modem, telephone or other property resulting from your use of our services.
10. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales.
11. By using our service, you will also be bound, in so far as they apply, by:
In providing our service, you may be asked to provide Personal Information through online forms, e-mail, payment processing and/or other means of communication. We do not share this information with any third parties. We do not sell, trade, or rent your (nor your business) Personal Information to others. Any information that we obtain from you will be used lawfully and in strict accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Our website sometimes provides links to other websites. Any links are provided for your convenience so as to provide you with further information and assistance. They do not signify that we endorse the websites. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked websites.
When you enter a site your computer will automatically be issued with a cookie. Cookies are text files that identify your computer to our server. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their site in order to track traffic flows.
Cookies themselves only record those areas of the site that have been visited by the computer in question, and for how long. Users have the opportunity to set their computers to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these, of course, means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user.
If you wish to cancel your order you must do so before we begin to process your order. The cancellation request must be sent by email to email@example.com quoting your Transaction ID before your documents have been provided.
If it is established that the property is not registered with the Land Registry you will be entitled to a partial refund. We cannot refund the full amount as we will usually have spent time searching for your property and completing further searches to effect certainty that the property is not registered. In this respect we will usually deduct £5 to offset this and refund the balance to you. You are agreeing to pay LandRegistry-TitleDeeds.co.uk to carry out a search to establish whether the property subject to your enquiry/order is registered with the Land Registry; the Land Registry documents will only be provided as part of our service when we have established that the property is registered. When refunds are agreed, any charges that we have incurred will be deducted from the amount to the refunded.
You have a right to cancel within 7 working days under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, as amended.
Please note this does not apply if our service has been provided within 7 working days of the contract being concluded. In these circumstances, your cancellation rights will end on the day our service begins.
In the event that you have any concerns or complaints regarding our service then please email us using our contact form. We take all concerns and complaints seriously and will make every effort to resolve them to your complete satisfaction.
Please use our contact form for general enquiries.
Emails sent to addresses other than those specified, or when not using the provided contact forms, may not be received by our staff.